title bar



Originally an old village school on land donated to the village by Earl Spencer. It was rebuilt in the early 1930s as an identical Village Hall to that at Althorp. It was formally opened in 1933 and the original constitution states that it was to be used "for the purposes of physical and mental recreation plus social, moral and intellectual development for the benefit of the inhabitants of The Parish of North Creake". The early running of The Hall was through a management council comprising;

    Earl Spencer

    The Rector (Chairman)

    Chairman of The Parish Council

    And 2-3 members of each of the following;

    The Parochial Church Council

    The Methodist Chapel

    The Men's Club

    The Football Club

    The Women's Institute

    The Girls Friendly Society


The Hall was funded by a grant of £315 from The Carnegie United Kingdom Trust and a loan of £500 by The National Council for Social Services. The charges for hiring the hall in 1933 were one shilling (5p) per hour without heat and light and two shilling and sixpence (12.5p) with.


Various changes have been made over the year resulting in superb facilities including;

    Ladies & Gents Toilets and Disabled Toilet with baby changing facilities.

    Fully fitted kitchen - newly installed in 2019

title bar title bartitle bartitle bar

    Billiard room (available for small meetings)

    A large stage in the Main hall with state of the art cinema equipment

    3 separate fire exits

    Fully licensed for up to 120 people


We have been fortunate to receive a number of legacies and donations, which is to be used for future enhancements to the fabric of the hall. These are listed on the Benefactors page. The running costs of the hall are paid out of income received from lettings, equipment and furniture hire and cinema takings. The hall has no employees and is run by volunteers who simply ask that users leave the hall as they find it.


Some of the following web pages are dedicated to our major clubs and societies but the hall is also regularly used by mother and toddlers, Parish council meetings, Village Hall Committee meetings, Choir practice plus wedding receptions, funeral receptions and parties for all age groups.

With the cinema equipment the hall can also be used for presentations with the user needing to bring only a laptop.

title bartitle bartitle bar

Just like our predecessors in 1933 the present Village Hall Committee is determined to continually improve the facilities for the benefit of the local community. They are:

          Phil Lines (07905805388) Chairman
          Adam Bunkle Treasurer & PC Chair
          Paul Bowness Technical
          Stuart Collins Trustee
          Phil Lines (07905805388)
          Adam Bunkle
          Paul Bowness
          Stuart Collins
          Sam Sandell (01328 738103) Bookings Secretary and Equipment Hire
          Cath O'Driscoll Minutes Secretary
          Len Fletcher Member
          Grant Tooth Member



In November 2011 we were delighted to receive the coveted " Best Community Building Award" at the EDP Pride of Norfolk Awards held at County Hall in Norwich.